Welcome to the Website of Carolyn Emerick
I research and write about the history, folklore, myths and legends of Europe, mainly Britain, Northern, and Central Europe.
Currently my articles are featured in Celtic Guide magazine and have often cross featured on Medievalists.net.
I have been a guest blogger for The Freelance History Writer, and have blogged for The Buffalo History Museum's Blog, and have been featured on the website Mysterious Britain.
In 2015, I was the editor of Mythology Magazine, which released two issues.
- Æcerbot and Wassail - Blessing the Fields and Orchards and The Hidden History of Christmas Carols have just been moved to this website!
- Nadolig Llawen: Merry Welsh Christmas! has just gone up over on The Archivist's Corner.
- "European Household Magic" and "A Traditional Tale of Halloween Horror: Lighting the Witches Upon Pendle Hill"!
- Latest articles: The Fiendish Black Dog of British Folklore and When Brownies Turn Bad
- There are a couple new blogs in the blog section.