Welcome to the Website of Carolyn Emerick
- 4/5/14 - I had to take a few months off from writing for personal reasons, but am working on some new articles now :-) In the meantime, I have done some blogging for the Buffalo History Museum. And finally revived my WordPress blog as a place to share more casual thoughts that are part of the development process in conceptualizing articles :-)
- 1/30/14 - The latest Archivist's Corner just went up! Scottish Love Ballads. Also, a new article on Tristan and Isolde has been linked on the Articles section.
- New article! "Mad King Ludwig, The Fairy Tale King" has gone live on my HubPages profile. All articles are linked on my website in the Articles section.
- Two new editions of my regular column, The Archivist's Corner, just went up! "Women of the Sea, Muses of the Ages" and "The Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle."
- Great news! I have just been told that I made the Top Ten Articles for 2013 list on Medievalists.net! But, that's not all. I made the list THREE TIMES as well as snagging the Number 1 spot!! This is truly an honor as I have been a big fan of this website for a long while now. I am stunned to be on the list at all, let alone topping it and taking three spots. What a wonderful surprise!
- I have just finished a two part piece on "The Lost Female Figures of Christmas," and an article called "Fairy Lore of the Isle of Skye." Please see the Articles section for the links!
- A new section has been added. Resources will be an ever expanding list of websites and blogs that cover topics related to European history and mythology.
- I have finally caved in to peer pressure and decided to revive my hitherto defunct (and never really used) Twitter account. So if you are one who tweets, you can now find me to be alerted when new articles are posted. Find me at @CarolynEmerick.